Saturday 2 June 2012

Putting some music in our glasses...

LEVI Roots has come a long way since he nervously stepped foot in front of the formidable five from the BBC's Dragon's Den.
But who could have thought that one day his now famous Reggae Reggae Sauce would lead to a record deal, cookery book and even a drinks range?
And now he tick performing AND cooking at OsFest 2012 off his to do list after he put some serious music into the festival.
Just minutes after performing on the main stage, getting the crowd grooving to his easy Caribbean sounds, he moved to the OsFest VIP kitchen to get everyone's taste buds watering with Jamaica's national dish - ackee and saltfish - using his favourite implement, the pestle and mortar!
"It's great to see Caribbean food on the shelves alongside French and Italian and it's great that I've had a part and influence on that," he said.
"I've always believed music and food go together and I think that's why the Dragons invested in me."
Unfortunately, Mr Roots did struggle to pronounce Oswestry, but he added: "I've had a fantastic time on the stage, it blew me away."
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange