Sunday 3 June 2012

A smile that can melt any heart...

I CAN'T lie, interviewing acts at OsFest is one of the best parts of my job, but when the artist in question is Loick Essien it's tricky not to go weak at the knees.
The 22-year-old heartthrob was more than willing to have a chat ahead of his performance supporting Dappy last night and with a smile that could melt any heart, he told me how he has quite a few exciting projects up his sleeve.
"I'm doing something for the Olympic Torch Relay with Coca Cola, performing with Wrench 32, Katy B and a few others and I'm really looking forward to that," he explained.
"Then I'm also performing at the Isle of White festival and I've got a new album coming out later this year, but before then I'm bringing out a CD with some extra songs on it to give the fans a taster of what the album is like - it should be good."
The Londoner continued: "Music brings me everywhere and everywhere there is music. Right now it's brought me to Oswestry and I'm really looking forward to bringing my music to the people here."
As with most of the acts performing at OsFest this weekend, the gig is just one in a very long line of events, especially following the success of his single 'How We Roll', but Loick is very enthusiastic of what seems like a gruelling schedule: "It's crazy, but it's good. It's something I love to do and performing is the best part for any artist because it's letting people hear the music and have a sing-a-long."
And as those at OsFest last night know, that is exactly what the fans did - along with a fair bit of whooping and cheering!

Follow Loick Essien on Twitter @LoickEssien, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LoickEssien
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange